Pleatco, LLC, a leading U.S. manufacturer of Premium Pool & Spa Filter Cartridges, is its third year as a sponsor of the Pleatco Perfect Pool Guy/Gal contest. This competition is an innovative way to honor the hard-working men and women of the pool service industry. With over 150 contestants, this year’s entrants were as impressive as ever.
This year’s Perfect Pool Guy and Gal winners are:
- Rich Tarricone of Aquatic Pool Systems, LLC, Florida
- Sabrina Clonts of Kenco Pools, Texas
"From all of us here at Pleatco, thank you to everyone who entered, nominated, and voted in our third annual 'Pleatco Perfect Pool Guy Contest,' " said Howard Smith, Pleatco's Chief Executive Officer. "We have been truly overwhelmed by the quality and quantity of the hundreds of nominated entrants and the thousands of votes cast. The entries were extremely powerful and heartfelt across the board."
“Over the three years that Pleatco has sponsored this contest, we’ve learned that being a professional pool or spa service technician is more than a job…it’s a passion. Many homeowner’s treat their service Guy or Gal like family; it’s a special relationship." said Pleatco Chief Operating Officer, John Antretter. "A pool or spa is an integral part of a home—a way to relax and it’s a place for a family to share time together. Homeowners trust their service professional to keep their ‘backyard-oasis’ safe."
Both winners received a trip for two to the International Pool, Spa, and Patio Expo hosted in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay Resort on November 3 – 5, as well as a $5,000 continuing education scholarship from Genesis Three Design Group to attend the G3 Certified Pool Operator Program.
Rich Tarricone, who has worked in the pool industry for 29 years, was overwhelmed to learn of his new title. “To me, this award acts as a symbol of achievement and recognition as I celebrate my survival not only in life but in my pool career,” said Tarricone. He went on to say, “It will always be a reminder for all my hard work and the gratitude that I owe my many friends, family, peers, and mentors who continue to believe in me. My hope is it will be a reminder to all pool people out there that with hard work and involvement, you can make a career out of being a true pool professional.”
Sabrina Clonts, who has been in the industry for thirteen years, was thrilled to win the 2010 Pool Gal title. "I first signed up for the free t-shirt,” revealed Clonts, “but I have been very shocked that it has taken me this far. It’s great that I have my friends, family, and co-workers cheering me on.” Clonts also shared that her favorite part of the industry is her customers, whom she considers her extended family and something like this can change your life!
With so many worthy entrants, Pleatco once again expanded the contest and created additional awards. "During our final interviews, we were impressed with the caliber of so many individuals that we felt it was proper to recognize the outstanding achievements of several other entrants,” commented Pleatco’s COO, John Antretter. "In that spirit, we selected contestants for four other Special Awards based on their contribution towards their community and the pool and spa industry."
Those winners include:
- 2010 Industry Achievement Awards to Dan Stebner of Sun Peak’s Aquatics (SPA) in British Columbia, Canada; Nick Falco of Aquaguard Pools Inc in Illinois; and Brian Baraga of Pool Buoy Pool Service in Ohio.
- 2010 Big Heart Award to Courtney Wilson of Perry’s Pool Shop in Indiana.
- 2010 Future Leadership Awards to Jonathan Santoscoy of True Blue Pool Service in Texas; Adam Litke of All Seasons’ Pools & Spas in California.
- 2010 Most Creative Entry Award to Steve Miller of Crystal Rivers Spas in Colorado.
Seven Runner-Up Finalists were also named:
- Kevin James of Aquidneck Pools & Spas, Rhode Island
- Paul O’Neil of The Pool Sitter, Ontario, Canada
- Len Garavalia of Monarch Poolcare, Virginia
- Steve Reid of Today’s Swim and Patio, Arizona
- Kelly Kalfsbeek of Bright Sun Pool/Spa Service, California
- Amanda Miller of Sunshine Pools, Texas
- Kent Simpson of Cornerstone Pools, California
Pleatco, based in Glen Cove, N.Y., has served the pool & spa community for the past 35 years as a leading manufacturer of unique free flow core filter cartridge technology.
Currently rated by 1 people