Pool Workout: 10 Water Exercises that Tone Your Abs,
Arms, Legs, and Back
Did you know you can get an awesome workout in the pool without swimming laps (or breaking a sweat)?
Water’s high density level provides 12 to 15 times more resistance than air, which makes it a great environment for building lean muscles. Plus, a variety of aquatic fitness equipment, including hand buoys, water dumbbells, and ankles weights, enhances resistance for a more challenging workout.
Get in the pool and perform these 10 water exercises from HYDRO-FIT, INC., to tone your abs, arms, back, and legs, and blast major calories!
1. Wave Web® Pro water fitness gloves
2. Classic Cuffs ankle, arm, and wrist cuffs (these can also be used as a flotation belt)
3. Hand Buoys
4. HYDRO-FIT Noodle
Get the equipment >> www.hydrofit.com
1. Squat Jacks/Power Chest Press
2. Leg Raise (right)/Shoulder Raise (repeat on left side)
3. Sit Kick/Scull
4. Straddle Stance/Churn Figure 8
5. Rocking Horse (right leg)/Lat Pull (left arm) - (repeat on opposite sides)
6. Lunge Stance (right)/Triceps Press (repeat on left side)
7. Leg Lift (left)/Power Sweep-Double Arm (repeat on right side)
8. Hip Curl/Side to Side
9. Tuck & Twist
10. Jack Knife/ Shoot Through and Rotate
Photos courtesy ©HYDRO-FIT, INC.; Illustrations by Kate Pryka
You may also like...
Get Fit with Water Fitness Equipment >>
Fitness: Yoga vs. Swimming >>
Water Walking for Faster Fitness >>
Currently rated by 0 people