Pleatco, LLC, a leading manufacturer of pool and spa filter cartridges, announced the winners of the 4th Annual Pleatco Perfect Pool Guy/Gal contest at the International Pool | Spa | Patio Expo (IPSPE) in Vegas on Nov. 2, 2011.
The contest is an innovative way to honor the hardworking men and women of the pool service industry. With over 200 contestants, this year’s entrants were as impressive as ever. This year’s Perfect Pool Guy and Gal winners are Gil Serrano of Bay Area Pool Service in Florida, and Jennifer Angevine of Gold Coast Swimming Pools in New York.
"From all of us here at Pleatco, thank you to everyone who entered, nominated, and voted," said Howard Smith, Pleatco's CEO. "We have been truly overwhelmed by the quality of the hundreds of nominated entrants and the thousands of votes cast. The entries were extremely powerful and heartfelt across the board."
“Over the four years that Pleatco has sponsored this contest, we’ve learned that being a professional pool or spa service technician is more than a job—it’s a passion. Many homeowners treat their service guy or gal like family; it’s a special relationship," said Pleatco’s COO, John Antretter. "A pool or spa is an integral part of a home—a way to relax and a place for a family to share time together. Homeowners trust their service professional to keep their backyard oasis safe.”
In addition to a trip to the IPSPE, both winners received a $5,000 continuing education scholarship from Genesis Three Design Group to attend the G3 Certified Pool Operator Program. Serrano and Angevine will also star in Pleatco's nationwide follow-up ad campaign.
Gil Serrano has become the go-to “service master” over the past 14 years and now trains and re-trains pool service technicians in industry best practices. Humble through the entire competition, Serrano was shocked to learn how many people supported and rallied for him through voting and calling as references during the Perfect Pool Guy Contest. His long-time local title as “the pool whisperer” is also well-earned. Regarding the pool and spa industry, Serrano says he is “full of excitement to be part of this industry… It is all about the heart you put into it.”
Jennifer Angevine has owned Gold Coast Swimming Pools for nearly 10 years and has been in the industry since she was old enough to accompany her father on service calls. Every member of the Gold Coast team expressed great pride in working for Angevine and could not brag enough about their boss who goes above and beyond for clients and her team every day of the year. In regards to winning the 2011 Perfect Pool Gal title, Angevine “couldn’t be more proud to be a part of the contest and to hold the title of the year.” She gracefully acknowledges that she wouldn’t be where she is today without the encouragement and enthusiasm from her team and the true support of her father.
With so many worthy entrants, Pleatco once again expanded the contest and created additional awards. "During our final interviews, we were impressed with the caliber of so many individuals that we felt it was proper to recognize the outstanding achievements of several other entrants,” says Antretter. "In that spirit, we selected contestants for six other Special Awards based on their contribution towards their community and the pool and spa industry."
- 2011 Industry Achievement Awards to Jim DeBerry of Aqua Pool Dealer in Florida and Annie Abbate of Chem-Tech Pool Cleaning in Arizona
- 2011 Big Heart Award to Bob Charlton of The Pool Guy in Florida
- 2011 Future Leadership Awards to Chris Hamm of Crystal Clear Pools in Florida
- 2011 Most Creative Entry Award to Jonathan Santoscoy of True Blue Pool Service in Texas and Larry Sniezek of Burnett Pools and Spas in Pennsylvania
- 2011 Customer Service Award to Lesley Leal of Optimus, LLC in Tennessee
- 2011 Biggest Pool Personality Award to Paul Beauparlant of Paul and Sons Pool Service, LLC in Nevada
14 other finalists were also named:
- Adam Shulte of Watson’s Cincinnati in Ohio, Cameron Dillon of Tri-County Pool and Spa in Florida
- Bob Hickle or Nierman Brothers Pool and Spa in Indiana
- Andrew Meece of Amerimerc in Kansas
- Michael Berggren of Berggren Pool and Spa Services, LLC in Washington
- Geoffrey Dillon of Pools and Spas a Go-Go
- Bob Malsack of Hansens Pools and Spas in Wisconsin
- Jason Blake of B&S Pools in Arizona
- Anne Bostwick of Gulf Coast Pool & Spa in Florida
- Jim Eiler of Aqua Pools in Illinois
- David Bristow of David Bristow’s Pool Service in North Carolina
- Beau Braisher of Beau Braisher’s Pool Service in California
- Kyle Conlon of Cypress Pools in New York
- Ryan Landriault of In Hot Water Spas in Alberta, Canada
Pleatco, based in Glen Cove, N.Y., has served the pool & spa community for the past 40 years and continues to be a leader in the industry through innovation and the desire for constant improvement.
Photos courtesy of Pleatco, LLC
Currently rated by 0 people