You are using an unlicensed and unsupported version of DotNetNuke Professional Edition. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to obtain a valid license.
By Debra Maurer
To get the most use out of your deck or patio, install outdoor lighting that is both welcoming and effective. Here are a few ideas:
• On covered patios, install recessed lighting with dimmer switches, a fan with lights, or a chandelier.
• Replace deck post finials with solar LED lamps; they provide a decorative accent during the day and light up the deck’s perimeter at night.
• Recessed deck lighting, set into the deck’s surface, also helps to create a border around the space.
• Add outdoor lights under railings and benches to guide guests to cozy seating areas.
• Hang string lights around arbors, pergolas, and canopies for a fun and enchanted feeling. Some umbrellas even come with LED string lights on the spokes, illuminating the space beneath them.
• Add a unique touch with planters that glow from within. Available in solar- and electric-powered, place several of these planters around your deck to serve two purposes in one.
• Standing patio lamps provide a “walk-in-the-park” kind of charm. These consist of a tall post with a weighted base and can have several globe or traditional lanterns at the top.
For a list of outdoor lighting companies and resources, visit our Outdoor Lighting Buyers' Guide. To find resources for deck products and materials, visit our Decks Buyers' Guide.
Photo courtesy of Trex Company
Currently rated by 0 people